Neighborhood Revitalization Program | How to Apply
What is the Neighborhood Revitalization (NR)?
The Neighborhood Revitalization program is a focused housing outreach program that provides a path for communities to come together to help low-income residents with needed home repairs. NR aims to serve more families by responding to the needs in the community. This program desires to create new partnerships and empower residents to revive their neighborhood while enhancing quality of life.
- Must own a home within Indian River County.
- Household income must be within income eligibility guidelines (see chart). Household income will be determined by assessing income for all members.
- Home must demonstrate needs for repairs.
- Home must be owner-occupied and serve as the primary residence of applicant.
- Homeowner has resided in the home for at least twelve (12) months.
- Homeowner must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
- Owners of multiple real estate properties are not eligible.
- Home may be single-family residences. Condominiums, manufactured homes or trailer do not qualify.
- Homeowners and/or household members must be willing to partner with Indian River Habitat for Humanity.
- Homeowners must be willing and able to financially partner with Habitat towards repayment.
* Based on 2022 HUD data.
The Neighborhood Revitalization program is currently accepting pre-screening applications for critical repairs (roof, A/C, hot water heaters) and home preservation projects (wheelchair ramps & exterior painting). We highly encourage Veterans, Senior Citizens, and Disabled homeowners to apply. Please stop by the Habitat office, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to complete an application.
The office is located at
4568 N. US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
What is Community Outreach?
Community Outreach is one of the special projects of the Neighborhood Revitalization Program. Indian River Habitat is committed to partnering with local organizations to identify neighborhood beautification projects and needs. Our Community Outreach projects typically take place 2-4 times a year and are completed by volunteers, residents, businesses and other groups.